With an increase in spending on food, fast fashion, and household goods, there has been an increase in commercial trucks on the roads. However, as the presence of trucks increases, there are also more truck-related accidents, injuries, and fatalities.
If you were injured or someone you love died because of a commercial truck accident, we can help. At Bernard Law Group, our Redmond truck accident attorneys have decades of experience representing accident victims and helping them secure the compensation they deserve.
Understanding Truck Accidents in Redmond
Truck accidents are different from typical car accidents. They often involve larger vehicles, more severe injuries, and complex legal issues. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
Exhaustion in Truck Drivers
A primary contributor to truck accidents is driver exhaustion. The long driving hours and strict schedules can lead to decreased vigilance and slower response times, heightening the risk of collisions. Our legal investigation includes a detailed review of the driver’s work hours and rest periods to assess whether fatigue contributed to the accident.
Vehicle Maintenance and Mechanical Issues
Trucks require consistent maintenance to function safely. Neglect in this area can result in critical mechanical failures, such as brake issues or tire defects. Our team collaborates with vehicle experts to examine the trucks involved, highlighting any maintenance negligence or mechanical defects.
You Were Hurt. We Can Help.
Over $500 Million recovered for our past clients. Let us help YOU! Call 24/7 for your FREE injury consultation.
Load Management Errors
The way a truck is loaded can significantly affect its stability and maneuverability. Overloading or uneven loading can cause balance issues, making the truck harder to control. We scrutinize the loading processes and check the cargo weights to determine if loading errors played a role in the accident.
Reckless Driving Practices
Reckless behaviors by truck drivers, including speeding, distraction, or impaired driving, are also frequent causes of truck accidents. Our comprehensive evaluation includes analyzing police reports, eyewitness accounts, and available video evidence to uncover reckless actions.
Redmond’s weather can often contribute to truck accidents, with conditions like rain or ice affecting road conditions and visibility. Our case assessments consider these environmental elements, especially where they may have influenced the accident.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents, given their scale and impact, often result in serious injuries, some of which can have long-term or permanent effects on the victims. Understanding these injuries is crucial in assessing the full extent of damage and seeking appropriate compensation.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
One of the most severe outcomes of truck accidents is traumatic brain injury. These injuries can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, affecting cognitive functions, motor skills, and emotional well-being. TBIs often require extensive medical treatment and can have lasting impacts on an individual’s quality of life.
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
The force exerted in a truck collision can cause significant damage to the spinal cord. This can result in partial or complete paralysis, drastically altering a person’s life. These injuries demand long-term medical care, rehabilitation, and assistive devices, often leading to substantial financial burdens.
Broken Bones and Fractures
The impact of a truck accident can easily lead to broken bones and fractures. These injuries can vary in severity and may require surgeries, physical therapy, and a lengthy recovery period, impacting the victim’s ability to work and perform daily activities.
Internal injuries are common and can be life-threatening. They include damage to internal organs like the lungs, liver, or kidneys. These injuries are particularly dangerous as they might not be immediately apparent and require urgent medical attention.
Each of these injuries not only brings physical pain but also emotional and financial stress, underlining the need for comprehensive legal representation to ensure victims receive the support and compensation they deserve.
Why Choose Bernard Law Group?
Some of the reasons to choose attorneys for help with your truck accident case include:
- Local Expertise: We know Redmond’s roadways, traffic patterns, and legal landscape. This local expertise is invaluable in investigating and building a strong case for you.
- Experienced Attorneys: Our team has decades of collective experience in truck accident law. We’ve successfully navigated numerous cases, achieving favorable outcomes for our clients.
- Personalized Approach: We believe every case is unique. Our attorneys take the time to understand your specific situation, providing tailored advice and representation.
- No Win, No Fee Promise: We operate on a contingency fee basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we win your case.
Navigating the Legal Process
Dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident can be overwhelming. Our process is designed to ease your burden:
- Initial Consultation: We start with a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and understand the details of your accident.
- Investigation: Our team will thoroughly investigate the accident, gathering evidence and determining liability.
- Handling Insurance Companies: We negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Legal Representation: If necessary, we are prepared to represent you in court, advocating passionately for your rights.
Compensation You May Be Entitled To
As your Redmond truck accident lawyers, we strive to secure compensation that covers the following:
- Medical Expenses: This covers all healthcare costs from the truck accident, including emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and ongoing medical treatments.
- Lost Wages: This refers to the income lost due to the inability to work following the accident. It includes immediate lost wages and potential future earnings if the victim’s capacity to work is permanently affected.
- Pain and Suffering: This is compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress from the accident. It acknowledges the non-economic impact of the accident, including mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and trauma.
- Property Damage: This encompasses the cost of repairing or replacing personal property damaged in the accident, most commonly the victim’s vehicle, but also includes other items like phones, laptops, or personal belongings in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Other Accident-Related Costs: Additional expenses directly tied to the accident, such as transportation costs to medical appointments, home modifications due to injuries (like wheelchair ramps), and hiring help for household duties the victim can no longer perform.
Contact Us for Help with Your Truck Accident Claim
At Bernard Law Group, we combine legal expertise, local knowledge, and a client-centered approach to offer unrivaled representation in truck accident cases. With our dedicated team, you can trust that your case is in capable hands. Contact us today, and let us guide you on recovery and compensation.