As you travel the roads and highways in and around Federal Way, you will see more than a few commercial trucks. These vehicles go by many names, including semis, big rigs, tractor-trailers, and more.
The weight and size of these vehicles make them significant presences on the road. Not only that, but they pose serious risks to other drivers.
If a passenger vehicle is involved in an accident with one of these trucks, the injuries and damages can be devastating. At Bernard Law Group, we understand the impact these accidents can have and are ready to provide victims with the legal representation, guidance, and support they need.
Understanding Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be devastating and often result in serious injuries or even fatalities due to the sheer size and weight of commercial trucks. Understanding how and why these accidents occur is crucial in determining liability and seeking compensation for victims.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for various reasons, including:
Prolonged hours on the road can cause truck drivers to become fatigued, impairing their alertness and concentration. Drowsy drivers are more likely to make mistakes and become distracted, increasing the risk of accidents.
Inadequately maintained trucks are susceptible to mechanical failures, including brake malfunctions and tire blowouts. These failures can occur suddenly, leading to loss of control and dangerous accidents.
You Were Hurt. We Can Help.
Over $500 Million recovered for our past clients. Let us help YOU! Call 24/7 for your FREE injury consultation.
Overloading or improperly distributing cargo within a truck can destabilize the vehicle. Such imbalance makes trucks harder to control and more susceptible to rollovers or other accidents.
Adverse weather, such as rain, snow, or fog, poses significant challenges to truck drivers. Reduced visibility and slippery road conditions make driving hazardous, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, distracted driving, or operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are prime contributors to accidents. Negligent actions by drivers put themselves and others at grave risk on the roadways.
Understanding Liability in Federal Way Truck Accidents
Truck accidents often result in severe consequences, and determining liability in such cases can be complex and multifaceted. Understanding who is responsible for the accident is critical in pursuing compensation for victims.
Some of the parties that may be liable in truck accident cases include the following:
Truck drivers are typically the first parties scrutinized for liability. Actions such as reckless driving, speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence can make the driver directly responsible for the accident.
Driver fatigue is a common issue in the trucking industry, and if it contributed to the accident, the driver and their employer may share liability.
Trucking Company Liability
Trucking companies can be held liable if they neglect maintenance and fail to address safety concerns. Poorly maintained trucks are prone to mechanical failures that can cause accidents.
Employers may also be liable if they pressure drivers to meet unrealistic delivery schedules, which can lead to exhausted and overworked drivers.
Cargo Loading Liability
Cargo loading is another critical factor. If a truck is improperly loaded or overloaded, or the cargo is not secured correctly, it can lead to instability and accidents.
The party responsible for loading the cargo or the cargo owner may share liability if their actions or negligence contributed to the accident.
The truck or its components may be defective, leading to accidents. In such instances, the manufacturer or distributor of the defective parts could be held liable.
Other vehicles on the road, pedestrians, or even road conditions can contribute to truck accidents. Determining third-party liability may be necessary in certain situations.
Poorly maintained roads or inadequate signage can also play a role in accidents. Government entities responsible for road maintenance may be partially liable in such cases.
At Bernard Law Group, we have a team of experienced Federal Way Truck Accident Lawyers who specialize in handling cases related to truck accidents. Our commitment to justice and our clients sets us apart.
Here’s why you can trust us:
- Legal Expertise: Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of federal and state truck accident laws, leaving no stone unturned when investigating the accident, gathering evidence, and identifying liable parties.
- Negotiation Skills: We have a proven track record of negotiating with insurance companies to secure fair settlements.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights.
- Compassion: We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll truck accidents can take on victims and their families. We provide compassionate support throughout the legal process.
When you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation, including:
- Medical Expenses: Following a truck accident, medical expenses encompass the coverage of all present and future medical bills linked to the incident. This includes hospitalization, surgeries, medications, therapy, and other necessary healthcare costs to aid your recovery.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for lost wages includes reimbursement for the income you’ve forfeited due to the accident. This not only considers your immediate earnings but also accounts for potential future earnings that might be affected by the accident’s long-term impact on your ability to work.
- Pain and Suffering: Beyond physical injuries, pain and suffering damages address the emotional and psychological distress inflicted by the accident. This compensation acknowledges the mental anguish and diminished quality of life resulting from the incident.
- Property Damage: In the aftermath of a truck accident, property damage claims encompass the repair or replacement costs for your damaged vehicle and personal property. This ensures that you are financially compensated for the tangible losses incurred.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, if you’ve lost a loved one in a truck accident, we are here to support you in seeking justice through a wrongful death claim. This legal avenue seeks compensation for the emotional and financial losses suffered due to the untimely loss of a family member.
Working With Us
When you choose Bernard Law Group as your Federal Way Truck Accident Lawyers, you choose a team dedicated to your well-being. Here’s what you can expect when working with us:
At Bernard Law Group, your journey to justice begins with a free initial consultation. During this crucial meeting, we evaluate the details of your case, answer your questions, and provide expert guidance, helping you make informed decisions about your legal options.
No Fees Unless We Win
Rest assured, our commitment to your case goes beyond words. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay any legal fees unless we successfully secure compensation. Your peace of mind is our priority.
We foster a culture of transparent communication. We keep you informed about developments, milestones, and progress throughout your case. You’ll never be in the dark about your legal proceedings.
Recognizing that every case is unique, we adopt a personalized approach to address your circumstances. Our legal strategies are tailored to maximize your chances of success and secure the best outcome.
Our track record of successful settlements and verdicts speaks volumes about our dedication and proficiency. Our history of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients reaffirms our commitment to delivering justice.
Understanding Your Legal Rights After a Truck Accident
At Bernard Law Group, we understand the complexities of truck accidents and are here to support you through this challenging time. Our team of dedicated Federal Way Truck Accident Lawyers is committed to fighting for your rights and ensuring that justice is served.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We are here to be your advocates for justice, and we won’t rest until you receive the compensation you deserve.