Bicycle Accident Lawyers Serving Washington State
WHAT’S YOUR CASE WORTH? FIND OUT FREE.
Serious Lawyers. Serious Results.
Bernard Law Group’s expert attorneys have been helping Washington bicycle accident victims just like you for over 30 years.
You need a Washington spinal chord injury lawyer you can trust when you’ve been injured. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Call For Your Free Injury Case Consultation
We can help you 24/7. No risk. No obligation.
You Pay No Fee Unless We Win.
Fill out our contact form for a free injury case consultation. We will call you back right away.
Get Experienced Legal Representation in Seattle Washington
Bicyclists Hit by Car
Bicycling is a healthy and fun hobby that can save thousands of dollars in fuel costs.
Unfortunately, being in traffic on a bike can also be dangerous. In vehicular collisions involving bicycles, the cyclist almost invariably sustains the most serious injuries. That’s because they do not have the carcass that protects occupants of passenger vehicles.
In many cases, because of the lack of protection, these injuries are catastrophic or even fatal. Bike riders are exposed to the elements and have little control over the outcome of an accident. And because many of these crashes happen at high speeds, injuries tend to be serious. If you have been injured in a bike accident, or if a member of your family has been hurt or killed on a bike due to the negligence of a motorist, you can bring a lawsuit against the liable party to recover damage.
Skillful Bike Accident Attorney
In bike accidents, a skillful lawyer will be able to explore the various factors of the incident to help determine who or what may have caused or contributed to the crash and thus may be held liable. It is important that riders have this help, especially if they are not sure if their case is worth more than what the insurance company is trying to offer. Some of the parties you can possibly recover damages from in the event of a bicycle accident include:
- Negligent motorists who could be drivers of cars, buses or trucks
- Negligent manufacturers of bicycles, bicycle parts or accessories if the accident was caused by a defective product
- Governmental agencies: The city, county or state agency that maintains the roadways, if the accident was caused because of a dangerous roadway or intersection
- Negligent repair shops or mechanics
- Dangerous conditions: If a public or private property is not properly maintained and results in a bicycle accident, then the person who owns or maintains the property could be held liable
Washington Bicycle Laws
Washington law provides a bicycle rider with the same rights and responsibilities as the driver of any other vehicle. That means that a bicycle rider will be found at fault is he or she is not abiding by the rules of the road, which includes obeying DUI laws. But if you believe you were struck by a negligent motorist or were seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or recklessness, the lawyers at the Bernard Law Firm can help. So do not try to fight this battle alone. Have someone who’s well-versed in the law to be by your side at all times.
Our attorneys are experienced, skilled and have a successful track record obtaining compensation for victims of bike-related accidents. We have handled numerous lawsuits against negligent parties, and have obtained significant compensation for deserving victims. Do not let a negligent party off the hook. Please call us to schedule a free consultation today.
- How much is a bicycle accident case typically worth?
- Five things to know about your bicycle accident case
- How to protect your bicycle accident case
- What to do after a bicycle accident
- Bicycle accident FAQs
- When to contact an attorney
- How to avoid a bicycle accident
- Washington Bicycle Laws
- Proper hand signals
- Bicycle accident statute of limitations
- Bicycle accident statistics
- How to choose the right bicycle helmet
- Common bicycle accident injuries
- Improving your visibility on a bicycle
- Common misconceptions about bicycle accident laws