Approximately 1,000 pedestrians are injured daily in the United States due to negligent drivers
Their injuries may include, but are not limited to broken bones, paralysis, brain injuries, coma, and death. Negligent and unsafe drivers must be held responsible for the harm their actions cause.
- A pedestrian was injured in a traffic-related accident every 5 minutes.
- Nearly 5,900 pedestrians were killed in traffic-related accidents.
- Males accounted for two-thirds of all pedestrian injuries.
Sadly, children under the age of 4 account for almost 40 percent of pedestrian deaths. Children must learn to cross at crosswalk or corner whenever possible, and to look both ways and continue looking while they are walking. Make sure you child wears reflective clothing or carries a flashlight when walking at night, especially on Halloween, a day notorious for pedestrian accidents.
If you are a pedestrian who has been injured in an accident contact your Seattle pedestrian accident injury lawyer immediately. Do not sign anything until you have met with your Seattle pedestrian injury lawyer. Do not discuss the accident with anyone until you have met with your lawyer and doctor. Be sure to collect important contact information from all bystanders at the accident.
Listed below are some of the Bernard Law Group’s significant case settlements and verdicts in pedestrian cases in Washington state:
Pedestrian accident involving 74 year women struck by company truck. Plaintiff sustained legs injuries that included below the knee amputation of one leg and severe injuries to her other leg requiring multiple surgeries
Pedestrian vs. Auto Accident. Pedestrian in a cross walk was struck by a company truck who did not see Pedestrian in crosswalk, causing multiple serious injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident contact the Bernard Law Group. We have years of experience handling pedestrian accident cases throughout Washington state. Regardless of the particular elements of your case, we advise you not to discuss the incident or agree to any settlements without first consulting our law firm for advice. We offer completely confidential consultations.
- Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
- Improving Your Visibility as a Pedestrian
- When are pedestrians at fault?
- What do you do if you have been hit by a car?
- Statue of Limitations for Pedestrian Accidents
- Dangerous roadways and intersections
- How much is a pedestrian accident worth?
- Washington Pedestrian Laws
- Five things you need to know about your pedestrian accident
- Common pedestrian accident injuries
- When do you have right of way as a pedestrian?
- Common causes of pedestrian accidents
- Pedestrian Accident FAQs
- Dealing with uninsured or underinsured drivers
IF YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED AS A RESULT OF A WASHINGTON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT – CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!