Pesonal Injury Lawyer Available in Bellevue, Everett, and Seattle, WA
Being well-versed in legal matters isn’t necessarily a common trait. That’s why lawyers exist.
So when you ask yourself, “do I need a personal injury lawyer?” you should also ask yourself how well you know the process to get the compensation you deserve.
We at the Bernard Law Group put together a list of questions you should ask yourself when considering whether you need a personal injury attorney.
Six Questions To Ask Yourself Before Answering: Do I Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been involved in an accident and are considering filing a personal injury claim, you may be wondering whether or not you should hire a personal injury lawyer.
- Is your personal injury claim mostly straightforward? If your claim has solid proof of fault and the defendant has made statements that indicate he or she will not contest the claims, you may be able to represent yourself in your personal injury claim. In fact, your claim may be settled out of court. If things aren’t so black and white, you were injured, and the insurance company is not cooperating, you might have to ask yourself: Do I need a personal injury lawyer? The answer will be “Yes.”
- Will my settlement be enough to cover legal fees? If your settlement is for a small amount of monetary compensation, it may not be in your best interest to hire a personal injury lawyer, since the attorney will receive a percentage of your settlement as a fee for representing your case.
- What is the defendant’s attitude toward the personal injury claim? If your defendant is adamant about denying fault in your claim, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer if for nothing more than to provide legal advice during your case. Most insurance companies will find any loophole or legal tactic possible to avoid losing a personal injury case. When this happens, you will need a personal injury lawyer to help you keep your claim from being dismissed.
- How severe are my injuries? If your injuries were severe, or your accident involves complicated factors, you will need to hire a personal injury lawyer to avoid getting in over your head when the insurance company contests your claim. Legal proceedings can get very complex. Insurance companies prefer to settle cases in the most economical way, and if your case involves a high price settlement, they are not going to agree to fault easily.
- Will I be happy with a small percentage of what I could get with a lawyer? If you choose to represent yourself in your personal injury case, you are more likely to settle for a lesser amount than if you had legal representation. If you are only interested in getting enough of a settlement to cover your outstanding medical bills or repairs to your automobile, then representing yourself may be a good idea. However, if you are looking for compensation for an injury that adversely affects your ability to earn a wage for the rest of your life, you will need a personal injury lawyer to help you get the full amount you deserve.
- How soon do I need my settlement? Red tape and legal proceedings can drag on for what seems like forever. However, if you hire a personal injury lawyer, he or she can help you cut through the delays and get your money faster.
“Do I Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?”
If You’re Still Not Sure, You Might Need One
Before you decide to represent yourself in a personal injury claim, you should consider how your decision will impact the outcome of your case. For many individuals, hiring a personal injury attorney is the best decision. Call a personal injury lawyer for a consultation if you are still unsure about choosing to represent yourself.
IF YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT – CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!