Call Us 24/7 FREE Consultation

Record Results.
98% Success Rate.
10,000 Helped.
Kirk Bernard

Pedestrian Accident FAQs

Common Pedestrian Accident Questions

When a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the resulting injuries can be life-changing. Medical bills, rehabilitation fees, and lost wages can make any injury financially significant.

If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident you likely have a lot of questions. You may even be worried about your rights and your ability to pursue compensation for your losses. The section below aims to address your concerns and answer some of the questions.

Here’s a list of questions you might be asking yourself if you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident.

A car has hit me. Should I see a doctor?

Yes. Even if the injuries you sustain appear to be minor.

Oftentimes, we only notice pain and discomfort long after the accident took place. And by then, seeking medical attention may not be as effective.

Seeking medical attention will be very important to establish a strong personal injury case.

Can I sue for damages in a pedestrian accident?

Yes. You must be able to prove that the driver is at least partially responsible for the accident. If the car driver is at fault in any way for your accident, you may file a personal injury claim.

Can I file a claim even if I am partially at fault?

Yes. If you were crossing the road where there wasn’t a crosswalk or you ran across the street, you still may be eligible for compensation. If you are partially at fault as is the driver, you may be able to recover partial compensation.

But the only way of making sure your case has a shot is if you have a personal injury attorney review it. Do not ignore your situation because you think you might be partially at-fault. Talk to an attorney. Only he or she can help.

The driver was uninsured/underinsured. Could I still receive compensation?

Most people have uninsured/underinsured coverage. That’s usually part of their own insurance policy. If the driver involved in the accident does not have proper insurance, you may be able to seek compensation from the uninsured motorist clause. All you need is your own auto insurance policy.

Sometimes, health insurance may also kick in. That will depend on the case. With the help of a professional, a victim will be able to learn what other options he or she has.

I was a victim of a hit-and-run accident. Could I still get help?


When pedestrians are the victims in hit-and-run accidents, they can still use their insurance to cover for medical costs. Depending on the treatment and the extent of the injuries, however, you might need legal help. That’s because many insurance companies do not put victims first. And will, at times, try to settle for less than the victim deserves.

The accident happened years ago. Do I still have the option to file a personal injury claim?

The state of Washington has a three-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims. It is best to contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your specific case, but if you were injured less than three years ago you should be able to still file a personal injury claim. If your accident just happened and you are considering your options, it is best to contact a lawyer right away.

What is my pedestrian accident case worth?

Every case is different. But the easiest way to determine the compensation potentially available to you is to review the total cost of the accident.

Cost may be defined as actual expenses like medical bills and potential expenses like future medical bills and lost wages. These happen because of injuries sustained. If you suffered a long-lasting injury that may affect you for years, the benefits you seek will be greater than someone who can recover and get back to work quickly. You may also be able to pursue compensation for emotional distress and suffering.

Many mental health issues can be caused by an accident. Talking to a specialist can help.

What can a  lawyer do for me?

A lawyer can help ensure your case will be successful and can help you receive the largest possible compensation in your case.

It’s a well known fact that the help of an attorney boosts your chance of getting the proper compensation. And if you use the services of an attorney will not charge you any fees until you recover compensation, you have nothing to lose. Instead, you will be getting justice and a fair amount of compensation. Especially because the lawyer’s fee is only a percentage of the amount your recover.

Pedestrian Injury Lawyers Ready to Help You Based in Seattle, Bellevue, Bellingham, Everett, Kirkland, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, Wenatchee and Yakima Washington

If you have been injured in the Washington State area, make sure you contact a personal injury lawyer at The Bernard Law Group to discuss your specific case. Every claim is different and we will make sure to provide the personal service that best meets your needs.


The Proof Is In Our Case Results

Over $500 Million recovered for our past clients. Let us help YOU! Call 24/7 for your FREE injury consultation. 206-298-9900

Find a Bernard Law Group Office Near You In Washington

We Help People Injured in Accidents Put Lives Back Together.

But Don't Listen to Us. Listen to Our Clients.