Meet Kirk Bernard, Our Award-Winning Personal Injury Attorney
For the past 37 years, Kirk Bernard has not stopped giving everything he has in the pursuit of justice.
After graduating from Law School in 1981, Kirk quickly became a licensed personal injury attorney. Since then, he has dedicated himself to one task: Serving his community by giving the victims a chance to fight back.
Kirk has represented accident victims and partnered with other notable attorneys to fight major corporations. His relentless pursuit of justice has allowed him to recover millions for his clients. Now, a successful personal injury attorney with a distinguished career, Kirk is also able to give back to his community in an even more proactive, caring way.
His record shows that difficult fights don't scare him and that justice will prevail, so long as you have someone like him standing by your side.
Outstanding And Inspiring Success Stories
Kirk has helped countless victims obtain the justice they deserve. Here are some of his most notable settlements and verdicts.
- Record $18.5 million settlement on a case involving a motorcycle rider, Scott Bliss, who collided with a dump truck making an illegal U-turn.
- Record $27 million jury award for a City of San Francisco Municipal Railway truck crash that killed a 4-year-old girl and injured others.
- $20.5 million verdict on the case involving a 47-year-old man diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease caused by the ingestion of welding rod fumes.
- $5,500,000 settlement on a motorcycle accident case in which the rider lost control after hitting a construction defect that was left in the roadway.
- $1,600,000 birth injury settlement on a case involving a mother whose child suffered brain damage because the hospital and doctor were negligent when delivering the baby.
- $7,900,000 settlement on an auto vs. auto accident. The defendant driver fell asleep at the wheel and hit Plaintiff, causing quadriplegia.
- $4,400,000 settlement on a confidential case, including lifetime annuity. The automobile accident involved a defective seat belt. The plaintiff, a minor, was a passenger in an automobile operated by his parents. The vehicle was involved in a head-on collision, causing traumatic brain injury to the plaintiff.
- $3,000,000.00 settlement on a pedestrian accident involving 74-year-old woman struck by a company truck. Plaintiff sustained injuries to legs that included below-the-knee amputation of one leg and several injuries to her other leg that required multiple surgeries.
- $1,004,000 settlement on Odell v. Wooden Boat Foundation. Explosion case involving liquid nails. Settled at mediation.
- $950,000 settlement plus lifetime annuity for minors in excess of $5 million on Salguero v. City of Los Angeles. Products liability case involving a defective part that caused a helicopter to crash onto the plaintiff. The deceased was a Hispanic immigrant who worked as a janitor and was survived by two children and a putative spouse.
- $166,000 jury verdict on Basye v. Sorathia. Twenty-two-year-old woman rear-ended in an automobile accident. Plaintiff suffered two small bulging discs. Defendant refused all offers to settle. Three-day jury trial.
Kirk was also part of the legal teams behind the following cases:
- Meisner v. State of Washington, et al., a motorcycle case involving inadequate signs in a highway construction zone with catastrophic injuries for $5.5 million two weeks before a trial was scheduled to commence.
- Nelli and Wages v. Wah Kue Café, a commercial establishment alcohol liability case with drinking in both cars, $1.5 million settlement; Bargas v. Houlihan’s, another commercial establishment alcohol liability case with the bartender who served the driver as the plaintiff, a case settled for $725,000.
For a free injury case consultation please give us a call.
Free 24/7 Consultations: 1-800-418-8282.
Licenses, Associations, And Awards
Licensed in California since 1981, and Washington since 1997, Kirk is a member of a long list of professional associations.
- Brain Injury Association of Washington
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Washington State Bar Association
- Better Business Bureau
- Consumer Attorneys Association
- State Bar of California
Throughout his career, Kirk has won several awards for his outstanding work in the field of personal injury law. Here are some of the most notable examples:
- Consumer Attorneys Association; Outstanding Member
- American Bar Association; Outstanding Member
- Washington Association of Trial Lawyers; Eagle Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum; Million Dollar Advocate
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles; Distinguished Member
- Avvo: Avvo 9.4 Superb Rating
Community-Oriented, Dedicated, And Generous
As the owner of Bernard Law Group, Kirk has encouraged Seattle's youth to put safety first. And as a health enthusiast and safety advocate, bicycle safety is very close to Kirk’s heart.
By sponsoring and participating in a children’s bicycle helmet giveaway, Kirk and his team have purchased and donated hundreds of children’s bicycle helmets. He also funded and produced a number of public service announcements to teach the local community about the importance of wearing safety gear while riding a bicycle.
Kirk and his law firm also take part in the Northwest Harvest Food Drive, helping Washington's own statewide hunger relief agency provide only the best, most nutritious food available to those in need.
As a supporting member of the Brain Injury Association of Washington, he also helps raise awareness about the struggles of victims of brain injury, as well as hope and support for their causes.
Each year, Kirk encourages his fellow attorneys and firm staff to take part in charitable causes of their choosing.
Call Kirk NOW For A Free Case Evaluation
To Kirk and his staff, no case is too big or too small. Let him help you get justice.
Whether you’re a victim of a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle accident, or whether you were exposed to risks by a negligent corporation, contact us right away to have your case evaluated for free.