Motorcycle Accident FAQ

Motorcycle Accident FAQ | Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue

When you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may find yourself wondering who is legally responsible for your accident, how do you go about filing a personal injury claim, or even if you should file a personal injury lawsuit to seek justice for your injuries. These commonly asked questions and more are listed below to help provide you with the information you need following a motorcycle accident. Seek out an attorney around your area here: motorcycle accident attorney near me and get the help you deserve.

Motorcycle Accident Frequently Asked Questions

Who can be held responsible for a motorcycle accident in a personal injury claim?

Anyone who can be proven to have contributed to the cause of the accident can be held liable. This can include another motorcycle rider, the driver of another vehicle, or the motorcycle operator in the case of an injured passenger.

If I was partially to fault for my motorcycle accident, can I still file a personal injury claim against another driver?

Yes, even if experts determine that the fault of the accident was partially yours, you can still file a claim against anyone else who is partially responsible.

If a family member is killed in a motorcycle accident, can I file a lawsuit to recover damages from the person who caused the accident?

Yes, many motorcycle accidents result in the death of a rider, mainly because of extensive head trauma, and the family members left behind can file a lawsuit against anyone found liable for contributing to the motorcycle accident.

Is riding a motorcycle inherently more dangerous than riding in a car or passenger vehicle?

Yes. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are about three times as likely to be injured when compared to a passenger vehicle occupant, and about 18 times as likely to die in a traffic accident.

How much will I have to pay a lawyer to begin my personal injury case following a motorcycle accident?

The Bernard Law Group does not require any upfront fees to begin a personal injury case. In fact, we only get paid when we win your case.

If an insurance adjuster calls and requests that I release medical information to the insurance company, am I required to do this?

No. In fact, all relevant medical information should be released through your personal injury attorney. Consult a lawyer as soon as possible if you receive a request for medical records, and refer the insurance adjuster to your attorney for any and all future information.

What do I do if the other driver does not have insurance?

Check with your insurance company to see what expenses are covered under your uninsured motorist clause.

What do I do if my accident was labeled a hit and run and I do not know who is responsible for my injuries?

Again, your insurance company’s uninsured motorist clause may provide coverage in this situation to help you pay for medical bills and repairs to your damaged motorcycle.

Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Everett, Tacoma, and Spokane

Getting the answers you need following a motorcycle accident is important to us here at the Bernard Law Group. Call today to schedule a consultation and set your mind at ease by getting the information you need from an experienced personal injury lawyer you can trust.