2010 will be remembered as one of the worst years for the automobile industry. While the 2009 recession resulted in millions of layoffs and bailouts for the auto industry, 2010 was filled with auto recalls affecting car owners around the globe.
As a Seattle car accident attorney, I’ve reported on numerous top auto manufacturers, including Toyota, Honda, GM, BMW, Hyundai, Nissan, Ford and Chevrolet issued at least one vehicle recall this year. Many issued recalls on numerous models.
These are the top 10 auto recalls of 2010, according to news reports:
1. Toyota: Toyota recalled the most cars in 2010, including recalls on the like Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Prius and Sienna.
2. Honda: Honda recalled models including the Accord, Civic and Element due to the brake fluid issues.
3. Chevrolet: General Motors recalled models including the Avalanche, Camaro, Cobalt, Colorado, Equinox, Impala, Silverado and Traverse.
4. Nissan: Nissan Motor Company, Ltd recalled the Sentra, Rogue, Armada, Versa, Pathfinder, Frontier and Xterra.
5. Chrysler: Chrysler recalled models including the Chrysler Town and Country, Chrysler 300, Chrysler Sebring.
6. Ford: Ford Motor Company recalled vehicles including the Edge, Fusion, Escape and Ranger models.
7. Hyundai: Hyundai Motor Company recalled Sonata and Tucson models due to a problem with a faulty steering.
8. BMW: BMW recalled models including BMW 745i/Li, 750i/Li, 760i/Li; BMW Alpina B7, BMW 645i, 650i, BMW 545i, 550i and Rolls Royce Phantom.
9. Mazda: Mazda Motor Corporation recalled Mazda 3 and Mazda 5 Sedan models due to a problem involving power steering.
10. Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi Motors Corporation recalled Endeavour and Lancer models.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact a personal injury lawyer in Seattle.