Numerous circumstances can lead to personal injuries. Car accidents can render both motorists and their automobiles immobile. The most able-footed person can fall on a slippery fall. Over-the-counter or prescription medications can do more harm than good.
Regardless of the origin of the injury, those who have suffered harm have rights, and they have a means to seek redress from the people whose negligence caused their suffering.
Personal injury can result in any of the following:
Automobile accidents : includes accidents that involve large trucks, motorcycles, and passenger cars, and can be the result of either driver negligence or dangerous road conditions (in which negligence falls on the shoulders on local city governments for improper maintenance of traffic roads and signals)
Reckless/lax upkeep of property : includes premises liability, which can take the form of decrepit building structures that are unsafe to be in or around, or even harm caused to a person while on another person's property, such as dog bites or other hazards that the property owner is ultimately responsible.
Medical malpractice : includes accidents that are inherently caused by some action made during medical practice, and can include the prescription of improper medication that has a negative effect on its user, poor execution of a medical procedure that makes the person’s condition worse, or even reckless tactics used during childbirth that can result in birth injury and other debilitating conditions for the child
Product Defects : includes any product that causes its user harm as a result of either faulty design, lack of safety guidelines given, or improper usage, and can range from common household products to children's toys to motorized vehicles, such as all-terrain vehicles (ATVs); basically, any product that can be sold is at risk of defect and bringing about harm to an unsuspecting consumer
Ensure That Your Rights
Regardless of the type of personal injury, it is important to have someone on your side that can sort through all the details and ensure that your rights are upheld in a court of law. At the Bernard Law Group, our attorneys can assist you with all aspects of your case, possibly recovering monetary damages from negligent parties. This restitution can be used to help pay the cost of medical bills, physical therapy costs, and even lost wages.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation of your case. We will use our experience to hold negligent parties accountable for your injuries so that you can restore a sense of order to your life.
What You Need to Know About Personal Injury
Before you make a decision for or against filing a personal injury claim, you need to know more about personal injuries, the process of filing a claim, and how such a decision can impact your life. You'll need to know such things as:
- What is a personal injury?
- What are the typical causes of a personal injury?
- What are the different categories or types of personal injuries?
- How much is a personal injury case typically worth in a settlement?
- 5 things you need to know about how personal injury cases work.
- The typical injuries sustained in a personal injury accident, such as whiplash, soft tissue damage, brain injury, or broken bones.
- Personal injury statistics.
- A breakdown of the types of personal injury cases.
- Personal injury laws.
- Statute of limitations; how long do you have to file your personal injury lawsuit?
- How to recover faster from an injury.
- What to do after you've been injured.
- Self defense tips for women, teens, and older adults.
- How to stay safe when going on vacation, traveling abroad, going to college, living alone, or leaving latchkey kids at home.
- Home safety tips.
- Tips for documenting your losses to build your case.
- Insurance information for personal injury cases.
- How to prove fault in personal injury cases.
- The importance of a hiring a personal injury lawyer.
Do I Have A Personal Injury Case?
Suffering a personal injury can be a stressful experience, but the right information can help make your life easier during this tense period of your life. Do you have grounds for a personal injury claim? Would you know if you did?
You may have a legitimate claim for a personal injury lawsuit if you have:
- Been injured in a trip, slip, or fall
- Suffered injury as a result of a motorcycle, automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian accident
- Been injured while at a business, or the home of another person
- Been injured by an animal, such as a dog, cat, cow, or horse
- Had an accident with a defective product or medication
- Suffered severe injuries from the actions of another person, such as in the case of medical malpractice
- Received toxic exposure to a pollutant or environmental substance
Personal Injury Resources
The details about these topics (and more) can help you make an informed decision about pursuing your personal injury case, and can help you prepare to win your case.
IF YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT - CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!