Bicycling is a healthy and fun hobby that can save thousands of dollars in fuel costs
Bicyclists Hit by Car
Unfortunately, being in traffic on a bike can also be dangerous. In vehicular collisions involving bicycles, the cyclist almost invariably sustains the most serious injuries.
In many cases, these injuries are catastrophic or even fatal. Bike riders are exposed to the elements and have little control over the outcome of an accident. If you have been injured in a bike accident, or if a member of your family has been hurt or killed on a bike due to the negligence of a motorist, you can bring a lawsuit against the liable party to recover damage.
In bike accidents, a skillful lawyer will be able to explore the various factors of the incident to help determine who or what may have caused or contributed to the crash and thus may be held liable. Some of the parties you can possibly recover damages from in the event of a bicycle accident include:
- Negligent motorists who could be drivers of cars, buses or trucks
- Negligent manufacturers of bicycles, bicycle parts or accessories if the accident was caused by a defective product
- Governmental agencies: The city, county or state agency that maintains the roadways, if the accident was caused because of a dangerous roadway or intersection
- Negligent repair shops or mechanics
Dangerous conditions: If a public or private property is not properly maintained and results in a bicycle accident, then the person who owns or maintains the property could be held liable
Washington law provides a bicycle rider with the same rights and responsibilities as the driver of any other vehicle. A bicycle rider will be found at fault is he or she is not abiding by the rules of the road, which includes obeying DUI laws. But if you believe you were struck by a negligent motorist or were seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or recklessness, the lawyers at the Bernard Law Firm can help.
Our attorneys are experienced, skilled and have a successful track record obtaining compensation for victims of bike-related accidents. We have handled numerous lawsuits against negligent parties, and have obtained significant compensation for deserving victims. Please call us to schedule a free consultation today.
- How much is a bicycle accident case typically worth?
- How to protect your bicycle accident case.
- What to do after a bicycle accident.
- Five things to know about your bicycle accident case.
- Bicycle accident FAQs.
- Common misconceptions about bicycle accident laws.
- How to avoid a bicycle accident.
- Washington Bicycle Laws
- Proper hand signals.
- Bicycle accident statute of limitations.
- Bicycle accident statistics.
- How to choose the right bicycle helmet.
- Common bicycle accident injuries.
- Improving your visibilty on a bicycle.
- When to contact an attorney.
IF YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN WASHINGTON – CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!